Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

c:\ opens before app...

This is a weird one...

I am virtualizing a diabetes application called OneTouch...

Had some issues with it even starting but solved those...

Now the C: drive opens when I launch the app, then the app opens. Anyone run into anything like this?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Haven't seen anything like that. Errant shortcut or command line argument maybe?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dandirk wrote:
> This is a weird one...
>
> I am virtualizing a diabetes application called OneTouch...
>
> Had some issues with it even starting but solved those...
>
> Now the C: drive opens when I launch the app, then the app opens.
> Anyone run into anything like this?
>
>

It immediately makes me think of needing something enclosed in quotes,
perhaps a path that contains a space or similar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried to add "" to the startup file, no go same issue. I tried merging all files/reg with same results. Tried to change isolation a few other items with out decent results.

Also changes run from dir settings with no joy, and virtually all settings options...

I believe the main app exe runs through a bunch of checks when started and somehow a path or something is missed and it calls something funny which opens the c:\ drive. Tried to look through a process monitor but nothing really stood out.

I think I will just run a script to kill the window 1 sec after start... thank goodness its easy enough in ZCM... Everything else works fine.

Just anecdotal... Keep en eye out in the registry for uninstall strings and install GUIDS. I haven't narrowed down the exact keys yet but this app kicks off msi auto repair of another completely unrelated app when its run. With 100s of apps though it would be impossible to test against everything, I was just lucky and tested with that particular app...

I removed a bunch of reg keys which seemed to remedy the issue, no need for those keys anyways as a virt app:) Selective isolution also could help.

Ran into something similar with office install, where one of my firt virt apps, would kick off an office repair when ran.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.