Profiling Browser Based Applications That Use Scripting Languages
How to profile .NET web scripting languages, e.g., C#, VB, ASP.NET, Classic ASP for browser based applications.
The collection of either Performance or Coverage data for browser based applications is now a streamed line process compared to previous versions of DevPartner. In the past, there were quite a few steps involved, with the addition of command line calls, etc.
To quickly get up and running profiling your browser based application just follow the instructions below.
- Navigate to Start->Program Files->MicroFocus->DevPartner Studio->Utilities (See Fig 1)
- Select the type of profiling you desire: Coverage or Performance; 32 bit or 64 bit
- Verify that an instrumented Internet Explore Window has launched
- Type the URL of your web application into the instrumented web browser
- During your profiling session a session control bar will be provided for focused data collection
- Once you have finished profiling your web application, simply exit the instrumented IE browser window or initiate a stop action on the session control bar
- A session file viewer will be provided allowing you to review the collected data