twoods Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BoundsChecker -- LoadLibrary access violation

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 06 May 2011]

I am currently evaluating Boundschecker to see if it will meet our needs. I am using version 10.0 and have an issue with LoadLibrary failing and setting an ERROR_NOACCESS error condition. When running with a debugger, I can catch the original access violation error and it looks like it's a NULL pointer access inside of wcore.dll.

I wrote a trivial example C++ native application that loads and unloads a DLL (ws2_32.dll for example) in a loop 1000 times. It looks like the LoadLibrary call consistently fails 738/1000 times when run within Boundschecker but succeeds every time when run without Boundschecker.

Can you please take a look at this? If this issue has been fixed since the 10.0 release, is it possible to get a newer version for evaluation? The test I ran was on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 compiled with VS 2008.

Thanks!
-Tim
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt Schuetze1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: BoundsChecker -- LoadLibrary access violation

Jump to solution
twoods originally wrote:
The test I ran was on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 compiled with VS 2008.

Tim, is this 2003 R2 x86 or x64? Just curious because we have very recent BC fixes for XP SP2 x64 that would likely correspond to 2003 R2 x64 if that is indeed your platform.

Regardless, we'd like you to try your test on a more recent release and build. If you can file a support incident, specifically request a download of build 10.5.895.1. That would tell us if a fix for your test case already exists or if we need to dig in deeper. If you can supply your test code with the incident, that would be helpful too. Thanks for your interest in DevPartner and BoundsChecker.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
twoods originally wrote:
The test I ran was on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 compiled with VS 2008.

Tim, is this 2003 R2 x86 or x64? Just curious because we have very recent BC fixes for XP SP2 x64 that would likely correspond to 2003 R2 x64 if that is indeed your platform.

Regardless, we'd like you to try your test on a more recent release and build. If you can file a support incident, specifically request a download of build 10.5.895.1. That would tell us if a fix for your test case already exists or if we need to dig in deeper. If you can supply your test code with the incident, that would be helpful too. Thanks for your interest in DevPartner and BoundsChecker.
0 Likes
twoods Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently running on Windows 2003 R2 for x86. I was able to obtain the latest demo version (10.5.786.0) and that fixes the access violation from LoadLibrary. If you are interested, I can still file a support incident and send you my test code. Thanks for your quick response!

-Tim
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Tim, we're glad the newer release worked. There is no need to file a support ticket if you are running properly. Just toss a buck in the tip jar. So you are aware, we released DPS 10.5.1 this week. You can look for it on SupportLine. It has all accumulated fixes plus VS2010 SP1 and Win7 SP1 support, so your fix plus other updates are ready to try. Cheers. --Matt
0 Likes
sunbo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
This error appears in my DevPartner Studio 11.4.2366.0 if I load a dll which is compiled with the instrumentation of error detection. Information while compiling dll:
1> Micro Focus Linker Driver v11.1.0.128
1> Copyright (c) Micro Focus 1997-2017. All rights reserved.

Information while loading dll (I'm using Visual Studio 2015 in Germen 😞
Ausnahme ausgelöst bei 0x0F8C6007 (WSSMemoryTrack.dll) in GdpmUTest.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Lesen an Position 0x0000005C.
Thanks for any help!!!
Bo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, x64-based Processor; VS 2015 Professional Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3; DevPartner Studio Version 11.4.2366.0

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Hello Bo
Can you generate a support incident though supportline.microfocus.com. we would like to first ensure you are on a later version of DevPartner than 2366. The current GA version is 11.4 HF1 or 11.4.2454.0
0 Likes
sunbo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'm updating my DevPartner to the newest version and will try it again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, x64-based Processor; VS 2015 Professional Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3; DevPartner Studio Version 11.4.2366.0

0 Likes
sunbo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
hello ppimental,
I've updated my DevPartner. Here is the link of the incident:
3148966 -Error contacting the injection service
Bo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.