Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Boundschecker crash

Things were going well until this morning.  Running Error Detection and I get the following app crash.

Faulting application name: wmiprvse.exe, version: 6.2.9200.16384, time stamp: 0x5010ad15

Faulting module name: BCSuppression.dll, version: 11.1.432.0, time stamp: 0x522578f4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000017fae

Faulting process id: 0x228

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceafce6e942adb

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\DevPartner Studio\BoundsChecker\X64\BCSuppression.dll

Report Id: ac8a80a2-1bc1-11e3-943a-001f295edc4a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes
16 Replies
Rick Papo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Boundschecker crash

It's unusual for us to have problems in BCSuppression.  In fact, that code has hardly been changed since we did the X64 port three years ago, and didn't change much even then.

Does the problem repeat consistently?  Can we get access to a test case?

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Not sure how to repro and not sure if I can let you remote to my system.  Do you have a build that logs.  Willing to help, because not I'm stuck.

Not sure if it is related, but now I sometimes get a crash in the C++ compiler when I do an instrumented build.  Resolution is to try again until I don't.

0 Likes
Rick Papo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

That doesn't sound right: not sure how to repro, and stuck at the same time...

Anyway, for the crashes in the C++ compiler during instrumentation, my co-worker says there are a couple of things he could use:

(1) In your temporary directory, there should be some _CL* files left over.  He needs those.

(2) If you double-click on the error message in the output window, it should take you to where in your code we had problems compiling.  A sample of the code around there would help him to re-create the problem.

(3) Are you using the native 64-bit compiler?  That is, are you building from the X64 Native Tools command line?  That opens up another can of worms we weren't aware of until a few weeks ago, and which my co-worker is working on right now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

For the _CL files the best way to get useable ones for us is to delete all the ones that are in there and to recompile without PCH files.

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Well, obviously I can repro.  What I meant was that I don't know how to tell you to repro.

Where do I copy the _CL* files.

I'm using the Visual Studio 2012 SP3 IDE to build native x64.  

Past few builds have not crashed.  This is what gets posted in the event log when it does crash.

Faulting application name: cl.exe, version: 17.0.60610.1, time stamp: 0x51b50dfd

Faulting module name: c2.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x51b50e3b

Exception code: 0xc00001a5

Fault offset: 0x59cd6a09

Faulting process id: 0xb1c

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceafc55a19ba1b

Faulting application path: c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 11.0\vc\bin\x86_amd64\cl.exe

Faulting module path: c2.dll

Report Id: 9e1c16ea-1bb8-11e3-9439-001f295edc4a

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a 30 project solution.  When I see the compiler crash it's not always the same project.  If it happens again, I'll turn off pch on all projects and see if I can get it to happen again.

0 Likes
Rick Papo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you have DropBox, and if so, do you have an e-mail ID to invite you to a folder?

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, this is getting strange.  Now I can't use Error Detection because it tells me that it is unlicensed.  Brought up license manager and sure enough my license disappeared.  So I re-authorized my license.  It took, but does not show up in the list of licenses.  Again Error Detection tells me that it is unlicensed.    Gonna repair and/or reinstall to see if that helps.

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, repair did not work.  Activation says it took but the license is not shown.  Did a pop up saying "unable to contact 127.0.0.1"  Gonna try uninstall and install.

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OK, now I'm really stuck.  License Manager reports the error unable to contact 127.0.0.1.  How do I fix this problem.

0 Likes
Rick Papo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The unfortunate thing here is that all these messages showed up after I left work for the day.  Now I'm at home.  Our licensing expert (Phil Pimental) works for the Help Desk, and can be reached through there.  I'm pretty sure he is gone for the day, but will be back on line tomorrow by 7am EST, give or take a little.

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your involvement.  Right now it looks like everything is ok, able to activate license.  However, the product seems to be neutered.  Using Error Detection I'm able to see that my dlls load, however  no memory leaks or errors are detected. I'd like to think that I'm that good, but prior to things falling apart I was seeming lots and lots of memory leaks and errors.  I fixed some but not all.  Going home for the day.  Thanks.

0 Likes
mluna20 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Still having issues.  License Manager shows that the license is authorized.  Error Protection connects to the service and I'm seeing the dlls load.  However, nothing is reported.

I'm seeing lots of these messages in the event log.  Are they related?

License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:

hr=0x80070057

Command-line arguments:

RuleId=31e71c49-8da7-4a2f-ad92-45d98a1c79ba;Action=AutoActivate;AppId=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f;SkuId=6b2835a6-812f-4442-92bb-8a12e39e7b3f;NotificationInterval=1440;Trigger=UserLogon;SessionId=2

0 Likes
Rick Papo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This behavior reminds me of when the NLB directory is set to something the service cannot write to because of the differing user account used.  In the Error Detection settings, the Data Collection page, could you set "NLB File Directory" to a place any user on the local system can access, and then try again?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.