Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
justink1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DataExport unhandled exception

Jump to solution

Hi,

I was trying to run the DevPartner DataExport tool to convert a code-coverage session file to xml and received the following crash:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\DevPartner Studio\Analysis>DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.exe "C:\Users\justink\Development\ServicesLib.dpcov" /output="C:\Users\justink\Development"
----------------------------------
DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.exe
----------------------------------

DevPartner Analysis Session File Export Utility
DevPartner Studio Version 10.5.0
Copyright © Micro Focus IP Development Limited 2008-2011. All rights reserved.

Operating System Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
CLR .NET 2.0.50727.5456
The application will place output in C:\Users\justink\Development\
ServicesLib.dpcov

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Exception
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at DevPartner.Analysis.Common.ReflectiveVisitor.Visit(IStatefulVisitable visitable, VisitorState state)
at DevPartner.Analysis.DPTxDataWrapper.RunDataManagedWrapper.Accept(IStatefulVisitor visitor)
at DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.SessionDataStoreManager.ProcessDataStore(ISessionDataStore target, IExportOptions options)
at DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.SessionDataStoreManager.ProcessDataStore(ISessionDataStore target, IExportOptions options, IExportStatus status)
at DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.SessionDataStoreManager.ProcessDataStoreList(IExportOptions options, IExportStatus status)
at DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.EntryPoint.a(ConsoleOptions A_0, Boolean A_1)
at DevPartner.Analysis.DataExport.EntryPoint.Main(String[] args)

I'm running DevPartner 10.5.2 - is there a workaround for this issue or has it been resolved in a new release?

Cheers 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: DataExport unhandled exception

Jump to solution

The change was put into the 10.5.3 release in Nov 2011. Contact support or log into Support line to get the latest release.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

There was a fix for this issue some time ago. I will verify the build number. This issue was due to the short system date. Can you send the build number of the release that you have as well as the short system date format that you are using?

0 Likes
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The change was put into the 10.5.3 release in Nov 2011. Contact support or log into Support line to get the latest release.

0 Likes
justink1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for getting back to me - I'll update asap.

Cheers!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.