Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: DevPartner Suite - Automated builds with Xoreax IncrediBuild

Jump to solution

Phil,

Right now I can;t get my machines to communicate with each other. So I am goign to have to rebuild my build farm.

But here is what can be done with MSBuild

Batch file
call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat"
XGConsole /command="msbuild /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Debug_BC MFCvs2010.sln" /profile="profile.xml" /openmonitor

Profile.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<Profile FormatVersion="1">
<Tools>
<Tool Filename="msbuild" AllowIntercept="true" />
<Tool Filename="nmcl" AllowRemote="true" DeriveCaptionFrom="lastparam" VCCompiler="True"/>
<Tool Filename="cl" AllowRemote="true" DeriveCaptionFrom="lastparam" VCCompiler="True"/>
<Tool Filename="nmlink" AllowRemote="false" DeriveCaptionFrom="firstparam" />
<Tool Filename="link" AllowRemote="false" DeriveCaptionFrom="firstparam" />
</Tools>
</Profile>

0 Likes
Phil1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for the followup, I will look into this some more. We were hoping to avoid any custom build types and just use either incredibuild buildconsole.exe or nmdevenv with a command line switch like /NMbcOn or /NMtxOn to specify the instrumentation type.
0 Likes
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Pretty much the same setup for nmdevenv
replace the command="nmdevenv /nmbcon /Build"Debug_BC|win32" MFCvs2010.sln" rest of the line.

Although right now I am getting strange things with 2010 here so I would suggest the msbuild route for that and up at the moment.

Path does not always appear to get set right and devenv does not always get found.

Incredibuild also seems to have an issue with the | in the command line of done this route so it might be best to place the command line in a bat file and change to command="bat file" rest of the line

Although some of this might be the sorry state of my dev box at the moment. I have pinged the folks at Xoreax and will follow up when this is all sorted out.

Good news though is there is no change for any of this in the next VS version :-)

0 Likes
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Phil,

Insomnia got the best of me and I dug deep into this overnight. First the good news.

Setup the VStools (VCvars)
Add us to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Micro Focus\NMShared\CTI\

Profile.Xml

dev.bat
rem call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat"
rem XGConsole /command="msbuild /m /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Debug_BC MFCvs2010.sln" /profile="profile.xml" /openmonitor
nmdevenv /nmbcon /rebuild "debug|win32" %1.sln

RunBuild.bat
rem call "%VS100COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat"
rem XGConsole /command="msbuild /m /t:Rebuild /p:Configuration=Debug_BC MFCvs2010.sln" /profile="profile.xml" /openmonitor
rem XGConsole /command="nmdevenv /nmbcon /rebuild "debug|Win32" MFCvs2010.sln" /profile="profile.xml" /openmonitor
XGConsole /command=dev.bat /profile="profile.xml" /openmonitor

As you can see I used those both for the msbuild and nmdevenv.

Now for the bad news..... nmdevenv will work here for vs2003, 2005 and 2008. It will kick off a build in vs2010 as well but the way we integrate with MSBuild will override the flags passed in here. Nmdevenv calls devenv which calls MSBuild which uses the target(s) and XML files to parse out the project and user files. Those determine whether to call CL or NMCL and set the instrumentation type. Now as MSbuild stays resident and running after it's initial run on the system we will not hook and replace calls to CL with NMCL.

SO for VS2010 and VSNext go the MSBuild route here to distribute builds.
0 Likes
Phil1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
We are making progress going the msbuild route but it looks like we will need to get in touch with Xoreax as we get the following message

One of the following extension packages is required in order to run this build in distributed mode:

Xoreax Grid Engine Interfaces

This build will run in standalone mode.
Use the Coordinator application to allocate extension packages to this Agent.

For evaluation purposes, remote execution of XGE tasks will be allowed on 1 remote CPU(s) for a duration of 2 minute(s).
For a fully functional XGE evaluation license, please contact us at xge@xoreax.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.