Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
rvi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Performance Analyser data pane: "count" value is doubled

I have run the performance analyser on some of my projects (C and C++) and found out that some "Count" values are doubled in the main data pane. But if I double click on the method to jump into the code, the count value is then correct. Any idea why and how to fix it? (I'm using the latest version of Devpartner: 11.2.670.0)

The analysis of the result is difficult if I cannot trust the values in the data pane...

Regards,
Richard

0 Likes
5 Replies
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Performance Analyser data pane: "count" value is doubled

Could you copy and paste some of the code where it is doubled? Or supply a few screen shots?

0 Likes
rvi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Here is a screenshot of a part of the data in the overview pane:

When I double click on the row to check the details I see that the Count is half the value it was in the previous window. The value I see here is the correct one.

0 Likes
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It appears that the called count is getting doubled there but the time and %'s should still be accurate. We will look into this and get a resolution for you

0 Likes
Highlighted
mlevis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

From what I can tell so far this appears to be a case where we wrap some calls in an "indirect" call to prevent inlining. It seems that that call is added to the count when it should not be. I have replicated it here and we will fix this.

0 Likes
rvi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks! let me know if there is anything I can do to test your fix.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.