QiangDong Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Redirecting application's input/output when running under Error Detection command line

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I found a KB for BoundsChecker is related to my question. Please refer the detailed below. I want to know if there is a fix for this issue on version 11? Thanks a lot.

Problem:

How to use BoundsChecker to check my program if a program needs to redirect input from a file or to redirect output to  a file?

Resolution:

When running BoundsChecker 6.5 and prior, redirecting an application's input/output is not possible. Engineering is working to fix this, so it may be available in a future release.

Old KB# 11439
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Redirecting application's input/output when running under Error Detection command line

Jump to solution

We have investigated this and confirmed that  BoundsChecker does not support redirection at this time. The root cause is that GUI applications do not natively support redirection, as console applications do. BoundsChecker is a GUI application, even when BC.exe is run from the shell and the GUI is hidden. This may be available in a future release. However, even if BoundsChecker were modified to consume the redirection parameters, these parameters would only be viable for reuse if the target application was a console application.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Redirecting application's input/output when running under Error Detection command line

Jump to solution

We have investigated this and confirmed that  BoundsChecker does not support redirection at this time. The root cause is that GUI applications do not natively support redirection, as console applications do. BoundsChecker is a GUI application, even when BC.exe is run from the shell and the GUI is hidden. This may be available in a future release. However, even if BoundsChecker were modified to consume the redirection parameters, these parameters would only be viable for reuse if the target application was a console application.

0 Likes
QiangDong Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you very much! I just want to use BoundsChecker to test a console application:)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.