Highlighted
tangrick Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TrueCoverage -- DevPartner Coverage Analysis for ASP.Net - Merge Cannot Proceed

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 07 February 2011]

I got this message when tried to merge a few files after doing coverage analysis:

"At least one session file is from Internet Explorer.
The merge cannot proceed"

These are the following files:
iexplore_CO.dpcov
iexplore.dpcov

iexplore_CO1.dpcov
iexplore1.dpcov

iexplore_CO2.dpcov
iexplore.2dpcov

What is the problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: TrueCoverage -- DevPartner Coverage Analysis for ASP.Net - Merge Cannot Proceed

Jump to solution
Hi. Unfortunately you have encountered a known limitation. As you mentioned, auto-merging is performed for IE coverage files, but this is not currently enabled for manual merging.

This is a snippet from page 127 of the ‘Understanding DevPartner’ document: “You cannot merge correlated session files or Web Script session files produced from running IE.”
0 Likes
3 Replies
Rick Papo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: TrueCoverage -- DevPartner Coverage Analysis for ASP.Net - Merge Cannot Proceed

Jump to solution
I'm sorry nobody else has replied to this one yet . . . I work on BoundsChecker, not Analysis. However, when I mentioned the problem in one of our meetings today they said that merges of the sort you describe are not supported by the product, and this fact can be found in the documentation. Not being familiar with that part of the product, I can't say more than that.
0 Likes
tangrick Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
The interesting fact is that it will automatically merge when the solution is set to "Merge it automatically" but does not work manually.
0 Likes
MikeM1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi. Unfortunately you have encountered a known limitation. As you mentioned, auto-merging is performed for IE coverage files, but this is not currently enabled for manual merging.

This is a snippet from page 127 of the ‘Understanding DevPartner’ document: “You cannot merge correlated session files or Web Script session files produced from running IE.”
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.