Highlighted
jack_tanner
New Member.

Unsupported Compiler Version with VS2017

Hi there,

This is basically the same error raised by user aviv as: Unsupported Compiler Version with VS2015
for which to date there has been no answer.

I'm using DevPartner 11.04 with Visual Studio 2017 (15.7.5) and while compiling my solution I get the following error for each module:

1>CL : error : Skipping instrumentation; Unsupported Compiler Version.

If there is a solution, please share. Thanks!

However, from the looks of this, I suspect an update to DevPartner will be required that can handle instrumentation with newer versions of Visual Studio.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Unsupported Compiler Version with VS2017

Hello jack.tanner
That issue has been resolved by build 11.4.2612. I have responded to you via email with a link to that version.
Any others with the same issue, please contact Micro Focus Customer Support and request the latest version of DevPartner.
0 Likes
jack_tanner
New Member.

Thanks. I can confirm that does fix the problem on the projects that get instrumented.
0 Likes
pedor6 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

With the compiler version VS 2017, it has to be very unsupported fro the various time, for that, you can use Linksys support to get compiled with the alternative one process, and for that, you can get support for the compile version VS 2017.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Microsoft is making frequent changes to the compiler in VS 2017. The DevPartner development team is testing each new build as it is available, and updates the DevPartner product as necessary. When experiencing unsupported compiler errors when attempting to compile with DevPartner instrumentation, please place a support incident with Micro Focus and we will assist customers under maintenance at that point to get the latest build.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.