netiquslaie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

custom.js Processing Order

Hello,

I was wondering whether the custom.js entirely gets processed after the code in release.js.

Or, for example, if you had something defined in the record.prototype.customPreParse function, would that take effect prior to the event is getting processed by the record.prototype.parse function in the release.js?

The reason why I'm asking is there is a particular event that's being processed by one of our out-of-the-box collectors that I think should be processed as an unsupported event but the collector is not doing so and when it starts trying to map some values to fields, it finds something unexpected and we get a collector parsing error.

I was wondering whether this is something that could be addressed through custom.js or do I need to actually manipulate the release.js to handle this situation?

I did open a support ticket on this, but if there's something I can do to address this more rapidly in the interim that would be desirable. 🙂

Thanks,
Eric
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: custom.js Processing Order

Good question, and the answer you want is probably here in the SDK in the
form of a graphic:

https://www.novell.com/developer/plugin-sdk/collector_overview.html

When in "custom" mode, the collector will try the custom methods shown in
that graphic in yellow/gold.

One thing you CAN do is redefine just about anything using the
customPreInit (or however it is written) method, so yo could potentially
redefine all of parse, or normalize, or whatever. Normally this is a bad
idea, but when in custom mode you can do whaever you want and not be
supported no matter how big or small your changes (unless you can prove
the problem exists in 'release' mode).

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
netiquslaie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ahhhh...thank you, now that I'm working a little more with this stuff that diagram makes a bit more sense. 🙂
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Yes, it's pretty useful if you can find it and if you're working through
the collector stuff. Let us know if you have any other questions.

--
Good luck.

If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
show your appreciation and click on the star below...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.