Highlighted
Super Contributor.. J. Singh Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

How to activate Diagnostics Java Agent

Dear Experts,

I am using Diagnostics 9.20 version on windows 2008 platfom. I am using Java agent for monitoring java application.

I am new for diagnostics. Please help mw how to instrument the application.

I have gone through manuals but not getting exact idea which class file need to instrument.

I want to monitor BSM 9.20 application as testing. for this i have installed java agent in BSM server,below are 2 JVM is showing after instrumentation :

1) E:\BSM\JRE

-Xbootclasspath/p:E:\Dia_Java_Agent\DiagnosticsAgent\classes\Oracle\1.7.0_05\instr.jre
-javaagent:E:\Dia_Java_Agent\DiagnosticsAgent\lib\probeagent.jar

2) E:\BSM\JRE64

-Xbootclasspath/p:E:\Dia_Java_Agent\DiagnosticsAgent\classes\Oracle\1.7.0_05__1\instr.jre
-javaagent:E:\Dia_Java_Agent\DiagnosticsAgent\lib\probeagent.jar

Let me know what need to do after that so that java agent can start data capturing.

Thanks in advance.

Jitendra Singh

Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
KMadan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: How to activate Diagnostics Java Agent

You need to pass this JVM parameter returned by the Instrumentor to the startup script of your application server which you want to instrument. You may restart the server after passing this argument to the JVM and Agent gets started along with the application server.

0 Likes
Shakthi Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to activate Diagnostics Java Agent

Hi,

Kindly append the  extracted JVM parameter to the apllication startup script and restart the application service , it will automatically enables the communication with app and diag server.

If its not work , kindly provide us the error and we will analyse. 

Regards,

Durai

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.