Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.

Upgrade Guide for ESM 6.8c

Upgrade Guide for ESM 6.8c

Upgrade instructions for upgrading existing installations to ESM 6.8c.

This version corrects the X Window problem (among other things).

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

The guide mentions X Windows must be installed - why? I'm sure more than a few customers harden the servers that their ArcSight deployment runs on, so why force a weakening of security posturing for the upgrade?

There is no real indication in the rest of the guide that X needs to be installed, and previous versions of ESM haven't required this either - I'm assuming the information in the guide is incorrect. Can anyone confirm please?

Hey Adam, I just simulated the 6.8c install and upgrade on minimal centos6.5 using cli.

X-windows packages were NEVER present and install/upgrade process sailed through smoothly.

Thanks Nicholas

We just posted an update that fixes this.

Hi Jim ,

we are migrating Arcsight Expresss 3.0 to 4.0 . When i try to install for a while the installation goes in silent mode and pops up an error " x server is not configured Currently "

I did the upgradation remotely through ssh .

I couldn't able find a fix what and where to configure X windows .

Details :

Product : AE B7400

OS : RedHat Enterprise Linux server release 5.5 ( Tikanga)

AE version : 3.0 .

Kindly help me out . Thanks in advance

Thanks

Parthiban

papu.parthi@gmail.com

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
6 of 6
Last update:
‎2017-11-14 19:30
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.