Upgrading ArcSight ESM Appliance E7100 and E7200 to OEL 5.5, ESM v5.0 SP1, and Oracle 11g

Upgrading ArcSight ESM Appliance E7100 and E7200 to OEL 5.5, ESM v5.0 SP1, and Oracle 11g

Instructions for upgrading ESM Appliance models E7100 and E7200 to OEL 5.5, ESM 5.0 SP1, and Oracle 11g.

Labels (1)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Comments

When I´m upgrading OS on this appliances if I have not any ESM installed, What is the minor version accepted in order to be installed as a new instalation?

Is supported directly ESM 5.0 and Oracle 11g??

Hi, Jose, apologies for the delayed response, we managed to miss your note. Page 2 says this: "To upgrade the OEL operating system, your ESM version must be at least v5.0 GA". Does that answer your question?

It appears the URL for the e7200OEL5.5updater is broken.

On page 9 of the document, it mentions:

wget https://updates.arcsight.com/depot/e7200OEL5.5updater --no-checkcertificate

I get a 404 Error when I try this step via the CLI and a browser.Is there an updated URL?

Thanks.

I recomend thoroughly you open a case prior to do the upgrade, if not for the complexity about update procedure, but because support personel could help you uploading in the FTP for the case all software you  need.

Indeed, URL fails in some zones, I don´t know why but when I did the upgrade I face with the same problem.

Maybe  - If support don´t answer you  - I can share this file with you somehow.

I believe the latest file to use is https://updates.arcsight.com/depot/OEL5.5updater-1.1

We will make sure the docs are updated to reflect this.

Gang, thanks for your patience. We had the update done and hadn't posted it. I've just updated the doc.

Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
2 of 2
Last update:
‎2017-08-25 08:16
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.