Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Analytics Server installation fails if Admin Console listening on port 2443

Issue:

Analytics Server installation fails if Admin Console and IDP installed on same server. In this case Admin Console will use port 2443 and IDP will use port 8443.

Error Message ->

Enter the Access Manager Administration Console user ID [admin]: 

Enter the Access Manager Administration Console password []:

Re-enter the password for verification []:

############## ERROR !!! ###############

The credentials provided couldn't be validated against admin.

If the authentication fails many times, the user account will be locked temporarily.

Ensure that you give the correct user ID and password.

Please Try Again

Reason: 

During installation Analytics Server makes a rest call to Admin Console to get the Cluster Information. The request is by default using 8443 port.

Installation using -x option will show the reason:

#sh -x ar_install.sh

+ validateRemotePassword admin novell x.x.x.x
+ NAMHOSTURL=https://x.x.x.x:8443
+ NAMADMIN=admin
+ NAMPASS=****
++ curl -s -k -i -X GET -u admin:**** https://x.x.x.x:8443/nps/rest/clusters/ -H cache-control:no-cache -H content-type:application/json
++ grep HTTP

As Admin Console is not running on 8443 the above request will fail.

Workaround:

Go to script ar_install.sh and change the value of port to Admin Console port.

validateRemotePassword()

{

NAMHOSTURL=https://"$3":8443  --> Change it to 2443.

NAMADMIN="$1"

NAMPASS="$2"

STATUS=`curl -s -k -i -X GET -u $NAMADMIN:$NAMPASS $NAMHOSTURL/nps/rest/clusters/ -H 'cache-control:no-cache' -H 'content-type:application/json' | grep HTTP | cut -d ' ' -f2`

if [ "$STATUS" == 200 ]

then

LOGIN_OK=0

echo "Authenticated.. do the rest of the job!" >> "${RA_INSTALL_LOG}"

else

echo "Please check the credentials which you have entered"   >> "${RA_INSTALL_LOG}"

fi

}

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Change of port from 8443 to 2443 fixed the issue. Thanks.

What is port on Auditing. It looks there is change.

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I got both IDP Server & Analytics Server Green . I see in Dashboard 1 Users logged in. How do I  generate PDF report so that I can find who used particular SAML SP in last 24 hours.  In old app there was Analytics Reporting URL.

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The old Analytics server had sentinel inbuilt. The reports were generated from Sentinel. The new dashboard is no longer an audit server and doesn't have sentinel and reporting console.

0 Likes
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

If new product is no longer Audit Server, how do we get report in new product. We are trying to find the way to generate report how many users logged into particular SAML SP in 1 week or 1 month.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.