Highlighted
SimonMag Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Application Controls

I have a policy that I want to use to restrict applications from being run ie: iTunes.exe

When I create New Firewall Settings under the location I have configured I have added Application Controls that set No Execution for iTunes.exe and I publish the policy to a user - me.

When the policy refreshes I find that my applications lock up, for example if I try and run Word from my laptop the machine locks.

If I assign a 'blank' policy back to myself then the problem goes away..... How can I stop this from happening?

I have configured the Firewall to All Open and there are no Access Control Lists. I have added all ports (1-65535) to the TCP/UDP list.

There is a existing Firewall setting for All Open (Default) which can't be modified. I know my location works correctly as I have DNS servers configured for a match.

Thanks.

Simon.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Application Controls

Mmm... that's weird, I've never had problems with that, even with older versions of the product.

Maybe it's worth to open a SR# with support in order to fix this.

>>>

To:novell.support.zenworks.endpoint-security-management
Date: 8/12/2009 11:36 AM
Subject: Application Controls

I have a policy that I want to use to restrict applications from being
run ie: iTunes.exe

When I create New Firewall Settings under the location I have
configured I have added Application Controls that set No Execution for
iTunes.exe and I publish the policy to a user - me.

When the policy refreshes I find that my applications lock up, for
example if I try and run Word from my laptop the machine locks.

If I assign a 'blank' policy back to myself then the problem goes
away..... How can I stop this from happening?

I have configured the Firewall to All Open and there are no Access
Control Lists. I have added all ports (1-65535) to the TCP/UDP list.

There is a existing Firewall setting for All Open (Default) which can't
be modified. I know my location works correctly as I have DNS servers
configured for a match.

Thanks.

Simon.

--
SimonMag
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SimonMag's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=27454
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=382932
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.