Attach documents to an application / organization view
How to attach documents to an application / organization view
You can attach (and view) documents to any technical organization view from Configurator, Tech, Builder and Dynamic Inventory (when the Organization view tree is available).
1. Right Click on the desired application and click on "Properties"
2. In the dialog click on "Ext.Properties"
3. Click on "New" and set the following fields (click on them in order to edit them)
- Type - Set this to "Document"
- Nature (will be automatically set to Alphanumeric)
- Name - enter any meaningful name for the attachment
- Value - here you have two small icons. Use the ellipsis icon ("...") in order to browse for a document to attach, then click Apply. You can use the other small icon to open the attached document with the default editor/viewer. For documents which will be viewed by many people, you will need to select a document which resides in a shared location (e.g. a shared mapped drive). This is because only a link to the document is stored in the database, and not the document itself.