Can the "LINK NEW TARGET" process be reversed in Decision Resolution?
If "Link New Target" has been used in Decision Resolution, is it possible to reverse any changes saved?
As the "LINK NEW TARGET" process creates a psuedo "Program Entry Point" and the relationship "Resolves to Program Entry Point", the program entry point can be used as any normal program entry point.
To reverse the decision ...
- Open Decision Resolution
- From the VIEW menu, click on the "RESTRICT TO CURRENT PROJECT" and uncheck it.
- Highlight the required decision
- The Program Entry Point used is checked in the "Available Objects of Type "Program Entry Point" list
- Simply uncheck the selected Program Entry Point and choose a new one as required or not.
- Click APPLY, then click OK
This will create the relationship "Resolves to Program Entry Point", but ONLY if the changes made in Decision Reolution are SAVED and the Reporistory Browser view is refreshed.
The resolution is displayed in the Repository Browser.
This should only be used if the target is not currently in your project or workspace.
Please refer to related articles -