Controlling Entity Details in Diagrammer
Diagrammer displays entity shapes with entity type details in them.
For example, a program box with the word 'PROGRAM' in it as well as the actual Program name.
How can the ENTITY TYPE details be removed from the diagram?
There is a neat option in the Diagrammer that will do this.
- Open Enterprise Analyzer
- From the PREPARE menu, choose DIAGRAMMER
- From the VIEW menu, click on SHOW IN LABEL
- There are 4 options here
1. SHOW TYPE - wil display the Entity Type name, for example PROGRAM, FILE, etc
2. SHOW NAME - will show the entity name - Program name, etc
3. SHOW BUSINESS NAME - will show any special business name set for specific entities.
4. SHOW BUSINESS DESCRIPTION - will show the free format Business Description entered for specific entities
- By defaul SHOW TYPE and SHOW NAME are checked on.
- Each option has an option to check/uncheck
- Unchecking an option, will remove it from any diagrams generated, either in Batch or Interactively.
Note : Unchecking SHOW TYPE will remove the ENTITY type, so wording like FILE, TABLE, SCREEN, PROGRAM, etc, will be removed.