External file required for Change Traffic Control
The Change Traffic Control script supplied with Enterprise Analyzer (EA) requires an executable that cannot be shipped with EA to run. Where can this module be downloaded from?
The module in question is called diff and this is a source comparison tool that has been developed as an open source module using GnuWin. As such, it is free to download, but is not something that Micro Focus can distribute.
Diff can create metrics to show differences between two source modules. These metrics are then gathered by the change traffic control script (ChangeTraffic.bj) and loaded into EA via the Enterprise View (EV) core module apm-core.jar.
Here are the steps necessary to download and install diff.exe:
- Go to the following web address - http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuwin32/files/diffutils
- The latest version of diff is currently 126.96.36.199.
- Go into latest folder and select the exe to download, typically diffutils-2.8.7-1.exe.
- Run the exe, this will install diff onto the PC. The normal installation directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin.
- Copy the diff.exe into EA bin directory. The normal location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Micro Focus\Enterprise Analyzer\Bin.
Once diff has been placed in the EA bin directory, ChangeTraffic.bj can then be run as part of Batch Refresh Process to compare the files that are currently in a workspace against the files that are about to be loaded into EA. For more information on how ChangeTraffic.bj works, see the ChangeTraffic.bj section of the Batch Refresh.pdf supplied in the EA docs directory.
Incident # 2780570