Limit scope of Text Browser to display certain programs
This article explains how to limit the scope of displayed programs via filtering in the Revolve Text Browser.
We want to display a filtered list of programs in the Revolve Text Browser with the scope set just for certain selected programs in our project. How can this be accomplished?
The Revolve Text Browser can be limited in its scope for a project in order to display only selected programs which will then be used for searching of text strings. Follow these steps:
- Open the Text Browser via Revolve's main menu, Browsers > Text.
- Select the Option toolbar icon.
- Select the Scope tab.
- Type in a filter (an example may be: pgm11, pgm12, pgm13, pgm21, pgm22, pgm23, pgm31, pgm32, pgm33 and a filter of: pgm3*)
- Click on Match and then expand Cobol Components.
- Manually clear the list in the right hand pane by highlighting the list and pressing Clear or Delete.
- Go back to the left hand pane and select either the desired program then Add (this can be repeated for each program desired, for example, pgm31 could be selected then Add and then selected pgm33 then Add thereby limiting the scope to just those two programs in the application) or the entire list by selecting Cobol Conponents then Add.
- The list in the right hand pane now contains the desired items and after clicking OK, you should be able to search for 'write' in only those two programs.
Incident Number: 2353118