Moving the Enterprise View Oracle schema to another server
This article explains how to move the Enterprise View Oracle schema to another server.
- Stop the Daemons and the Agent running on the schema and disconnect all users
- Make a full backup of the current Oracle schema used by the Enterprise View installation (e.g. using the Oracle "exp" utility)
- Use the DB Install tool which comes with Enterprise View to create an empty schema on the new Oracle server. The schema must be with the same name as the one on the old server.
- Import/restore the information to the new schema from the backup of the old schema (e.g. using the Oracle "imp" utility)
- After you finish the import, change the schema connection options accordingly, and then submit Summary Update job so that Enterprise View can refresh the data snapshots it uses.
Note: We do not recommend that you discard the old schema before you finish the migration and make sure that the new schema is working properly.
Old KB# 14434