Script Error When Opening Chart Viewer in Enterprise Analyzer
User receives Script Error when opening Chart Viewer in Enterprise Analyzer. This usually appears when first opening the workspace. User can click No several times to bypass the error and allow EA to function normally.
- On Windows 7, 8, or 10, the issue is caused by an older version of Internet Explorer on the machine. Upgrading to a newer version of Internet Explorer will resolve the issue.
- On Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, there are default Internet security settings that cause the error. This can be resolved by any of the following:
- o Upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer, and log in as an administrator.
- o In the Internet Options > Security tab, uncheck “Require server verification (https: ) for all sites in this zone,” and add “about: security_RescueNT.exe” as a Trusted Website.
- o In the Internet Options > Security tab, change the following security settings:
- ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Binary and script behaviors = Enable
- ActiveX controls and plug-ins > Run Active X controls and plug-ins = Enable
- Scripting > Active scripting = Enable