What extension should be used for MPS record layouts files in Enterprise Analyzer
What extension should be used for MPS record layouts files in Enterprise Analyzer ?
MPS record layout files are generally used in PLI programs so should be treated like PLI Include files.
If the physical MPS file has no extension at all, it is recommended to change the extension to .PLINC or an extension like .MPS
If the physical MPS files already have an extension not known to Enterprise Analyzer, this extension can be added for PLI Include files in the workspace options.
If there is a requirement to distinguish between the physical .MPS and normal .PLINC files, any "new" extension can be added for PLI Include files in the workspace options.
To add the "new" extension for PLI Include files....
- Open EA
- From the TOOLS menu, choose WORKSPACE OPTIONS.
- Open the REGISTRATION tab
- Highlight "PLI Include File" in the left hand pane.
- Right click in the right hand pane and click ADD, then enter .MPS (or any "NEW" extension dedicated to MPS files)
- Click APPLY, then Click OK
All of these files, regardless of extension, will now be treated as PLI Include files and processed accordingly.