Absent Member.
Absent Member.

EA does not start

Hi everybody,

I’v the problem that I cannot open any workspace in die Enterprise Analyser.

Even a just newly created one.

------------------------------------

Cannot open the Workspace E:\Documents\ARRR.rwp

… Es wurde kein Befehl zum Starten des Datenbankmanagers abgesetzt. …)

---------------------------------------

By own English translation: No command issued to start the database manager.

The database experts in by company said, the database manager would run.

Any idea is welcome.

Micro Focus Enterprise Analyzer  3.5.00.441

Windows 7 Prof.

Build 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

Database: DB2

with my best regards

Harald

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you are using DB2 then you need to run the DB2 Client (unless DB2 is on the same machine). Can you check if that is running and if the connectivity is correct?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DB2 is runnung on the local machine.

I started a DB2 Command Prompt, entered  db2 connect to Harald

an got:

C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>db2 connect to harald

Datenbankverbindungsinformationen

Datenbank-Server                                                = DB2/NT64 10.5.1

SQL-Berechtigungs-ID                                            = DB2ADMIN

Aliasname der lokalen Datenbank                                 = HARALD

Then I entered  db2 list tables for all

and got 3149 tables listed.

Any further ideas?

Harald

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you get any type of error message, either DB2 or EA?  Look at what the permission granted on the tables are, and make sure your id has appropriate access.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

No, I do not get any further msg as:

---------------------------------

Cannot open the workspace: E\Documnets\Harald.rwp

Open ADODB.Connection: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1032N Es wurde kein

Befehl um Starten des Datenbankmanagers abgesetzt.

SQLSTATE=57019

bei ADODB.ConnectionClass.Open(String ConnectionString, String

UserID, String Password, Int32 Options)

bei MicroFocus.MW.API.Repository.rntConnection.Init(Object xDB)

----------------------------------

Entering: 

db2 select * from syscat.tabauth  -

shows the following grants - here is a part of 1 row - the rights in the other rows look all the same for the db HARALD.

CONTROLAUTH ALTERAUTH DELETEAUTH INDEXAUTH INSERTAUTH REFAUTH SELECTAUTH UPDATEAUTH

----------- --------- ---------- --------- ---------- ------- ---------- ----------

Y           G         G          G         G          G       G          G        

---------------------------------------------

the full row:

SYSIBM                                                                                                                           S           DB2ADMIN                                                                                                                         U           HARALD                                                                                                                           RELNATSUBROUTINEDEFINESPROGRAM                                                                                                   Y           G         G          G         G          G       G          G        

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I suggest you raise this formally on the SupportLine as an incident. You will get a more complete level of support there

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.