New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Export analysed Source Code with extensions.

Jump to solution

Hi, me again 🙂

as part of our deliverable to the client, we need to give over the source code that was analysed. 

The client wants the code to have the file extensions, eg, *.cob; *.cpy etc. 

Is this possible to do such an export?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have worked a lot with that feature lately and can confirm Neil's message. Of course, EA will not add any extensiion but will use those, that are there. I usually add extensions to my sources code and do no rely on the automatic type recognition, as it is not 100 % reliable.

from the diagrammer or from the tag manager you have an option to "include into project" where you specify a new project name. That will create an extra project from which export of sources should work.

kind regards

Joachim Blome, B+B Unternehmensberatung

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi.  You probably have a few choices: 1) In EA, Workspace, Export Sources from Workspace, 2) Via Windows Explorer, repositories "Sources" folder.  

EA must use a default extension (e.g., cbl for COBOL).

Hope this helps

Jon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, unfortunately when exporting from the workspace, it does not include the file extension.

So we get the source code without an extension, example

And once analysed, the client wants us to return the source code WITH the correct extension, example:

From all my research, EA cannot export from workspace with the extensions - am I correct in this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Perhaps you are viewing the folder with settings to hide the extension of known file types? I can say with 100% confidence that if you export the source using the 'Export sources from workspace' from the Workspace menu you get the extensions included.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have worked a lot with that feature lately and can confirm Neil's message. Of course, EA will not add any extensiion but will use those, that are there. I usually add extensions to my sources code and do no rely on the automatic type recognition, as it is not 100 % reliable.

from the diagrammer or from the tag manager you have an option to "include into project" where you specify a new project name. That will create an extra project from which export of sources should work.

kind regards

Joachim Blome, B+B Unternehmensberatung

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Joachim, please, do you have a exemple of batch command (.bat) to include into project ?

thanks

Ailton

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.