How to speed-up Verify processing on a huge JAVA project.
The customer experienced a very slow processing while conducting a VERIFY on a huge number of JAVA programs. They imported more than 1800 JAVA files into one Workspace. They're wondering how to expedite the processing of VERIFY.
I would be most appreciative of any information you could give me in this regard.
With Java files there are a number of things that need to be considered when parsing the code. These are:
- The use of packages and how you structure your directories to match the package definitions.
- Use of the jar files/directories to resolve import statements
- Length of source directories when parsing the programs
- Setting of the classpath within the project and workspace settings. The amount of jars, loaded, the amount of jars to look through
- The product cannot process .ear files – these need to be expanded as the product can only process jar files.
- Location of the web.xml, the reference to the tld files and the location of the tld files that allow the jsp files parse correctly.
You need to raise a support incident and include details of how the product is configured so that this can be
Support Engineer, EMEA SupportLine