When making a selection on the ESMAC page as SYSAD, SYSAD becomes mfuser
If logged in to the ES Admin GUI as SYSAD, then logging out and logging back in as SYSAD, if one browses to the ESMAC page then selects anything on that page, SYSAD becomes mfuser and group to ALLUSER. This has been seen to occur when using the Chrome or Microsoft EDGE internet browsers.
For example, using the Chrome browser:
- Have a server and region setup to use external security such as ADLDS
- Login as SYSAD or any other user which has access to the region
- Open ESMAC for the region taking note of the user/group in the upper right
- Use the reource drop down to change to another user
- Notice in the upper right your user has changed to mfuser and group to ALLUSER.
It was noted that this issue only occurs with the browsers Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
This behavior has occurred under ED 2.3 U2, using Chrome Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (32-bit) and earlier. This does not happen under ED 4.0 even with Chrome Version 67.0.3396.62 (Official Build) (32-bit) or with Version 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit).
The problem was found to be the deprecation of set-cookie meta tags in versions of some browsers such as Chrome or Microsoft Edge. That caused issues with the cookies used by ESMAC.
Upgrading to ED 4.0 or to versions of Chrome after 67.0.3396.62 will resolve the problem.