mf_galberico1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

install network license

Jump to solution

good morning,

I have a license for Enterprise Developer TE Eclipse (PA) type Full 25 user (s) that I would like to install as follows:

- on a server A I would like to install the license as a license server and use Enterprise Developer Build Tools only to compile from the command line

- on a B server I would like to install Enterprise Developer for Visual Studio 2013 Shell(Integrated) and use the same license on server A,

so I entered the IP address of server A in the Microfocus License Administration Advanced Configuration as License Server
seems to have hooked it, in fact I see it in Summary, but when I open Visual Studio I have the following message:

No license for this feature is avaible.
It may be because it has not been installed or it has expired. Error details:
Unable to obtain the requested license:
Error [18]: No license code is available for feature SolarVisualStudio2010 on host 172.30.106.210

172.30.106.210 is the ip address of server A

instead, on a B server, if I use the command line compiler it works without problems

how can i proceed? I have to open an incident?

thank you
regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: install network license

Jump to solution

You state that your license is for Enterprise Developer TE Eclipse (PA) yet you are trying to use Enterprise Developer TE for Visual Studio.

These are two different product licenses. If you wish to use Visual Studio as your IDE then you need a license for it.

1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: install network license

Jump to solution

You state that your license is for Enterprise Developer TE Eclipse (PA) yet you are trying to use Enterprise Developer TE for Visual Studio.

These are two different product licenses. If you wish to use Visual Studio as your IDE then you need a license for it.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.