Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
BSvihraJr Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"Missing Java" error during install

Jump to solution

There's a check next to "Java(TM) 6.0 Update 27 32-bit (Already installed)" but I get a messages that says "This application requires 32-bit Oracle Java 1.6 or later. Please install Oracle Java and then run this installer again."

If I run "Configure Java" from the start menu, then go to Java tab and "View" to see the installed runtimes, I see: 1.8.0_60 (previously installed) and 1.6.0_27 (installed during the enterprise developer install process) it he User tab and the 1.8 version in the System tab.

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit.

Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: "Missing Java" error during install

Jump to solution

You might try deinstalling the 1.8 version of Java, then attempting the reinstall. If you want to install and use 1.8 for other purposes afterward  you may need add the -vm entry in the eclipse.ini to point to the 1.6 version of java to run Visual COBOL.

-vm

C:\Java\JDK\1.6\bin\javaw.exe (path will vary based on where you installed this jvm)

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: "Missing Java" error during install

Jump to solution

You might try deinstalling the 1.8 version of Java, then attempting the reinstall. If you want to install and use 1.8 for other purposes afterward  you may need add the -vm entry in the eclipse.ini to point to the 1.6 version of java to run Visual COBOL.

-vm

C:\Java\JDK\1.6\bin\javaw.exe (path will vary based on where you installed this jvm)

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.