Highlighted
Frequent Visitor.

9.0.0 cobol to create/use a .Net dll (netdefgen ran from 9.0.0)

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 May 2011]

Has anyone tried to use the new ext 9.0.0 with a .Net dll. i can get it to work if i run the cobol program using the absolute location of the WRUN32.EXE.
yes i have put the .dll in the same folder as the wrun32.exe
so
c:\acucbl900\wrun32.exe -c c:\etc\cblconfi myprogram.acu
will work and the .net dll gets loaded and run when the create command is executed.
however, same program, same dll, same runtime will NOT work if i run it as follows.
\\mypcname\c$\acucbl900\wrun32.exe -c c:\etc\cblconfi myprogram.acu
the cobol program opens up fine but when i execute the create command for the .net dll i get an error
'There was a problem with one of the .NET support libraries.'
'.NET assemblies cannot be loaded.'
'COBOL error at .....'
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: 9.0.0 cobol to create/use a .Net dll (netdefgen ran from 9.0.0)

My guess is that it's some sort of trust issue, as the first time you are running it from the wruns32.exe on the C: drive, and then when it doesn't work, you're running it from the wrun32.exe on the network.

Did you try registering your .Net DLL on the workstation? That might eliminate the problem.

Paul
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi, i have experienced the same issue but also when the program that tries to create the .NET object is run from acuthin. I already registered all the assemblies DLL in the GAC but it doesn't fix the problem. I also followed this guide without success.

In our office someone has the problem and someone not; we all have the same version of windows 7.
Have you got any news or any idea on how to fix? Runtime 9.0.0 and later.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

In 9.0 with .Net assemblies, a text file called netevents.ini needs to be created in the runtime bin directory. The netevents.ini needs to contain the path of where your assembly resides.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for reply, could you please tell me which is the correct syntax of this file or where to find some doc?

The program is run from d:\applicativi\wfar, the runtime binaries are in d:\applicativi\wfar\bin and the assemblies dll are in d:\applicativi\wfar\bin\ereg.

I already had the following tries in netevents.ini but none of them worked:

ereg
bin\ereg
d:\applicativi\wfar\bin\ereg
FILEPATH=d:\applicativi\wfar\bin\ereg
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

d:\applicativi\wfar\bin\ereg

should have worked as that is where your .Net assemblies are

The C:\Program Files\Micro Focus\Acucbl901\AcuGT\sample\dotnet\NETOBJECTS\ReadmeMeSetup has the details
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.