Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
SMartin_accela_com Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

9A Runtime Error on 5 alternate key Acucobol File Program compiled with Acu Bench

Usually compile with the following script on a unix mainframe (ccbl -Sp /icobol/gui:/icobol/acu:$CODE_PREFIX -SX ICOBOL -SI ACU -Cb -CIF -V -VHAX  -DI -DZ -O $1.COB -E $1.ERR -LOI $1.LST -Ta 20000 -Tb 4196 -Zzna -Te 400 -Td 900 $2 $3 $4 $5 $PROG)

Machine has died so I am using ACUBENCH (circa 2003) runtime 6.2.0, compiler version 6.2.0.1 with the following  -o .\object\@.acu -x -Ci -Ga -Zd.

I successfully compiled other programs.  this 5 alternate key file however gives me a '9A' error.  Any help would be appreciated. I clicked icobol compatibility box under compatibility options on compiler tab.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: 9A Runtime Error on 5 alternate key Acucobol File Program compiled with Acu Bench

9A typically is a SORT error message. I would try compiling with -SX ICOBOL -SI ACU -Cb -CIF -V -VHAX -DI -DZ as these are all valid compile options. The -SX and -SI determine which COBOL code to compile.
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

RE: 9A Runtime Error on 5 alternate key Acucobol File Program compiled with Acu Bench

Hope do I add these options. When I click on project and compiler the project options field is read only
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

I beg your pardon, 'how' not 'hope'
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

I added the string to the 'additional options' field and the compiler 'found' them
0 Likes
Regular Contributor.

I have tested the application and these additional switches worked. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.