Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Geoffrey_Hashman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACU-GT Runtime has stopped working

Until recently I dis not see this message.

In the last fortnight I have encountered this message on about five occasions. The first time it occurred I ended up replacing my profile.

Last week I was debugging a program and observed that when using "WIN$PRINTER" without any additional features, my programs were running OK.

Today, I ran a program which has terminated normally for years, but today it threw up the above message.

As I was running in debug mode at the time, I notices that it terminated abnormally when it reached the section of code below:

INITIALIZE WINPRINT-SELECTION.

INITIALIZE WINPRINT-NO-OF-PRINTERS.

MOVE "CutePDF Writer" TO WINPRINT-NAME.    

CALL "WIN$PRINTER" USING WINPRINT-GET-PRINTER-INFO-EX,     

WINPRINT-SELECTION              

GIVING PRINT-STATUS.        

MOVE 9 TO WINPRINT-CURR-PAPERSIZE.

CALL "WIN$PRINTER" USING WINPRINT-SET-PRINTER-EX, 

WINPRINT-SELECTION     

GIVING PRINT-STATUS.   

CALL 'WIN$PRINTER' USING WINPRINT-SETUP     

GIVING PRINT-STATUS.     

IF  PRINT-STATUS < 1   

GO TO EXIT-PROGRAM.

The common thread appears to be when using one of the apecial WIN$PRINTER features and in most programs these features are  required.

I am using Acu-Cobol Version 5 and in the process of migrating to Version 0.

Can any one give me any clues as to what I should be aware of, or what modules I should be looking for to correct this problem.

I would really appreciate any advice on this matter.

Regards

Geoffrey Hashman

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ACU-GT Runtime has stopped working

Has there been changes to your workstation, as in are you using only a 32 bit machine, or is your machine 64 bit now (which supports 32 bit)...service pack updates, service pack or driver updates for CutePDF? When running in debug using a trace, what gets printed to the trace file when the runtime is stopped?

0 Likes
Geoffrey_Hashman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: ACU-GT Runtime has stopped working

Machine is now 64-bit using Windows 7.

I have been using this WIN$PRINTER set up for ages and while it is working on all other systems using Windows 7 around me, it has decided to throw up issues on my system.

Can you tell me how I set up the DEBUG trace file and where it is located?

There have been no changes to the CutePDF currently in use.

It was previously working on my laptop using Windows 7, but now that appears to be "inoperable".

The only avenue which I am leaving to the end is to get the IT Admin to see if it my system that may be at fault.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.