Highlighted
Visitor.

ACU4GL performance with MSSQL

Hi,

We are currently investigating the performance differences between Vision files and a SQL database.  We wrote a small program to do writes, key reads, read next and re-writes.   Testing with 40000 records, the vision file system gets all this done in 4.5 seconds.  The same test on a SQL database takes 4 minutes and 44 seconds.  This is a major drop in performance.   

I am attaching the program we used to see if anyone can help us solve the issue with performance.  We a not a database shop, so our knowledge of the database setup is not great.   Any help we can get would be appreciated.  We have to have to make a decision on adding a SQL solution to our product line by the end of the year.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: ACU4GL performance with MSSQL

I believe based on your test program that your results are accurate. I don't think there is a configuration variable that will improve that. I don't think you would use a customer facing program to load 40,000 records into the database. 

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.