Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACUCOBOL-GT - for WEB Solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 14 March 2012]

Hi all,
i would to create a web-site application with cobol (runtime acucobol) is it possible?
if yes, what do application I use?

thk
Enrico
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ACUCOBOL-GT - for WEB Solution

The answer is yes, you may want to look at the A Programmer's Guide to the Internet documentation as there are a number of ways to deploy COBOL. The first question is, what type of "Internet" front end will you be using. Many Internet applications use HTML as their front end. If this is the direction you are heading, then COBOL and the runtime on the web server can process input from HTML via CGI. See Chapter 4: Launching Web Applications Through CGI. With version 9 and above, we also provide Business Information Services, this allows COBOL to be and consume web services. In addition to these, there is also Chapter 5: Using the ACUCOBOL-GT Web Runtime where the runtime ( or thin client) can be deployed within Internet Explorer to run your COBOL application.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thk for your response, but now i ask you, where do i find any example with Acucobol gt web runtime?
What do you advise me to use, ACUCOBOL web runtime or connector .net?

thk
Enrico
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Have you used the ACUCOBOL-GT thin client .. If so, please see A Programmer's Guide to the Internet ..Chapter 3: Using the Thin Client to Launch Web Applications > 3.6 Using the ACUCOBOL-GT Web Thin Client ...

A Programmer's Guide to the Internet Chapter 3: Using the Thin Client to Launch Web Applications > 3.6 Using the ACUCOBOL-GT Web Thin Client > 3.6.8 Using the Tag

Using Thin client ... The Object in the Object tag OBJECT ID="AcuThinAX AcuThinAX is on the supportline portal for version 8 and above

For the Web runtime ... A Programmer's Guide to the Internet Chapter 5: Using the ACUCOBOL-GT Web Runtime

The Object in the Object tag OBJECT ID="AcuGTAX AcuGTAX is on the supportline portal for version 8 and above
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can you explain me where i found this acucobol-gt programmer's guide version 9, because i haven't version 9 but version 8 and in this carapter there aren't web argoument.
thk
Enrico
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

A Programmers Guide to the Internet is part of the Version 8 documentation as well. If you have a supportline login, you can access the Version 8 documentation here:

http://microfglobal.http.internapcdn.net/MicroFGlobal/supportline/docs/acu/813/docs/acudocs.htm
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
thk a lot, yes i have a supportline login but i don't know where go for find these information.
In this section are there examples yet?

thk
Enrico
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It may be best to contact customer care or your Sales representative. There may be some Micro Focus techies that have an example of this. There isn't an example running on one of the Micro Focus web servers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.