Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Sebis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACUCobol c$xml cxml-parse-next-record

Jump to solution

Hi,

Has anyone ever used the cxml-parse-next-record op code with c$xml ?

I have tried this as per the manual example but the return-code I get back from cxml-parse-next-record is 1 not a handle.

If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ACUCobol c$xml cxml-parse-next-record

Jump to solution

I believe there may ba doc issue here, a return code of 1 in this case is success.

amerftp.microfocus.com/.../XMLSAMPLE.zip

extract the zip

Program1.acu -  the compiled object

Program1.cbl - the source for the program

Program1.src - the complete pure source with copybooks expanded

acumon.xml - sample xml file to use with program

Run the test on a Windows PC as the program is graphical:  wrun32 -d program1.acu

In the debugger do a find on "cxml-parse-next-record", set a breakpoint on that line, and then go.

In the 'Filename' entry field enter acumon.xml, then click 'Open file'.

At the breakpoint step once then check return-code, it is 1 if success, then go.

Click the 'Get Next Element' button, and then step from there to see the next-record logic.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ACUCobol c$xml cxml-parse-next-record

Jump to solution

I believe there may ba doc issue here, a return code of 1 in this case is success.

amerftp.microfocus.com/.../XMLSAMPLE.zip

extract the zip

Program1.acu -  the compiled object

Program1.cbl - the source for the program

Program1.src - the complete pure source with copybooks expanded

acumon.xml - sample xml file to use with program

Run the test on a Windows PC as the program is graphical:  wrun32 -d program1.acu

In the debugger do a find on "cxml-parse-next-record", set a breakpoint on that line, and then go.

In the 'Filename' entry field enter acumon.xml, then click 'Open file'.

At the breakpoint step once then check return-code, it is 1 if success, then go.

Click the 'Get Next Element' button, and then step from there to see the next-record logic.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.