Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
johnnyubermass Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACUXDBC column data format(varchar/nvarchar) Language/characters

Hey.

I am struggeling with what I suspect to be a XFD-definition problem.

The "sql" data format of text columns is somehow wrong. It cannot display Norwegian characters, which is a problem for me. The format is now varchar(30) which is a non-Unicode format. I am not sure if changing to e.g. nvarchar wil help me, but its the first thing I can think of.

Have any of you got any ideas of how to extract text-fields with international(Norwegian) characters?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ACUXDBC column data format(varchar/nvarchar) Language/characters

Version 10 GA date is Sept 24 2015 .

SUBJECT: Different characters sets showing incorrectly in a query

Change Number:  ECN-XD101

New Version: 10.0.0

If an application such as Microsoft query attempts to read data files containing OEM characters, the data would not display correctly. A new configuration variable has been introduced that will translate entered

data to and from the ANSI and the OEM character set.

OEM_CHARACTER_SET

Setting this variable to ON(TRUE, YES), causes XDBC to call a function that will translate the ANSI character set to the OEM character set.  Data being read will be translated from the OEM character set to the ANSI character set.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.