Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
kumarvaradarajulu Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ACUbench to autocompile all the programs using a copybook

Hello,

I am using ACUBENCH 7.3. I am changing a copybook which is used in many CBL programs. Is there a way to re-compile all the programs using the copy book without me having to copy all sources into the sources folder.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Kumar

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: ACUbench to autocompile all the programs using a copybook

Hello Kumar,

When you modify a copybook in AcuBench, and you make a build, only the programs using this copybook will be compiled.

You will see in the results for the other programs a message like :

--------- Compiling pgm1.cbl ----------

Skipping pgm1.cbl.  File unchanged since last compilation.

I hope it helps,

Dominique

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Dominique,

Thanks for your response. I really appreciate your assistance.

I think my senario is different.

I have a copybok a copy123.lib, I changed this copy book. This copy book is being used by 10 programs.

Currently what we do in the ACUBENCH is copy all the 10 programs manually (locking it) and then compile it to get the ACU.

My question is, instead of copying all the CBL programs to the project, can ACUBENCH fetch the programs automatically from the main sources directory (not the project's one) and compile all the 10 programs which uses the copy book copy123.lib

This was we do not have to lock all the 10 programs, just copy the only one we want to test and the rest shall be compiled at the time of promoting the code to production (which I want to know if ACUBENCH can do).

Hope I am clear with my query now.

Thanks for trying to assist me.

Regards,

Kumar

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Kumar,

Please send me your contact information, I would like to better understand your architecture.

dominique.sacre@microfocus.com

Regards,

Dominique

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Dominique,

Sorry for the delay, you can contact me on kumar.varadarajulu@socgen.com

Thanks, and I reallly appreciate your assistance.

Regards

Kumar

0 Likes
tknguyen44 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kumar,

Try this...

When you are in Acubench, go to Tool, then Options, high-light Code Generator, make sure to uncheck Program file as read-only and copy book as read only under Attributs of generated documents. Save the Options.  When you modify any of the copy books like .evt  .prd , make sure your code is not inside the acubench generated mark up.  For example:  I modify my .cbl to do my written code, examine-report-criteria by insert the perform statement after the {Bench}end, like

Acu-Main-Logic.

*{Bench}entry-befprg

*    Before-Program

*{Bench}end

PERFORM Acu-Initial-Routine

* run main screen

*{Bench}run-mainscr

*{Bench}end

perform examine-report-criteria

PERFORM Acu-Exit-Rtn

Then compliled it as usual!  Hope this help!

Thi

0 Likes
tknguyen44 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What I do is create a project call lib, where I kept all my copy books, then in each of other project, I add this 123.lib into the copylib folder.  This way when I change the 123.lib, I compiled only my test project and make sure it works first before I recompiled other projects.  Does this help?  

ps  sorry, I just read this.  You can disregard my other comment.  You can contact me through my email if you like to know more.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Command line processing ability added to Acubench. The ability to start Acubench from the command line has been added. This means that users can now create a Windows batch file (sometimes called Windows script file) and place lines in the batch file that will evoke Acubench to load an Acubench Project, build it, and then exit. In addition, all output messages during the build are appended to a file in the project folder named build.log. The time that the build started and the time it ended are recorded in the log together with the build messages.Example:

To evoke Acubench from a Windows batch file the user would enter a line like:

c:\Acucorp\Acucbl720\acubench\Acubench72.exe /rebuild c:\localvet\AcuVet.pjt

(note: option /rebuild or /build can be used and are interchangeable)

This would cause Acubench to load and build the AcuVet project and then exit. All messages during the build would be located in a file named build.log located in the project folder.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.