Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
AlexP1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ASP.NET with AcuXDBC problems

Hello,

We are currently running an ASP.NET MVC site that connects to a COBOL database through ACUGT. We are using ACUXDBC 8.01 drivers.

The machine with the ASP.NET site is on a machine that has Windows Server Standard 2008 with SP2, IIS 7, 4 GB of RAM.

About twice a day the website stops working for one of the 2 reasons:

1. We get the error that says “System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80080005): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {BFBBB600-C4DB-11D2-B11B-74F606C10000} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).”, where we have to restart the server
  2. IIS gets the processor to 100% and we have to stop the process and everything gets back to normal.

Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?

Below is the config section for ACU.

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: ASP.NET with AcuXDBC problems

BFBBB600-C4DB-11D2-B11B-74F606C10000 appears to be the CLSID for Acuversion 7. Is it possible you have multiple version installed on the server?

0 Likes
AlexP1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I put a scrrenshot of the info I get from Component Services - ... - DCAO Config for ACUCOBOL.

Is there any way for me to find out if I have another version installed?

0 Likes
AlexP1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I meant  DCOM Config

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just look in the C:\Program Files\Micro Focus or C:\Program Files <x86>\Micro Focus.

0 Likes
AlexP1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't have a folder named Micro Focus in program files. It was a path mentioned in the picture I posted, but I don't know what to search for in that folder...

There is a file there named acuxdbc.dll that has version 8.1.0.0.

Thank you for your time and patience 🙂

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

acuxdbc.dll is our ODBC driver. You are using DCOM to run a COBOL program, that is what the automation server is for.

0 Likes
AlexP1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.