Highlighted
New Member.

AcuConnect on Windows 8.1

Can a windows 8.1 64bit be the AcuConnect Server for serving the application to thin clients? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuConnect on Windows 8.1

Yes. You'll  need the 8.1 64 bit CD to install it. Also, the 64 bit installer installs 32 bit software as well, make sure your environment and config files have all of the appropriate settings.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I have the full version and a contract with SupportLine. I installed in a windows 8.1 but i get a socket error when i try to connect. No antivirus or firewall seems to block the socket connection.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

On the Windows 8.1 server, do you see AcuConnect listed as a service (Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools \ Services ) and is it started / running? From the client run, acuthin --ping server:port  .. does that return showing AcuConnect is running.?

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

actually i get this message after the extend 9 logo image.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Check that the Windows Firewall is configured to allow traffic on the port you are using, or to allow AcuConnect through, in both directions.  Or just turn it off.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You get the logo when running acuthin --ping server-name:port  ?

Just to check, can you run acuthin on the server where acurcl has been started ... acuthin 127.0.0.1 alias-name

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.