Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
TonyLeBlanc Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

AcuODBC and record lengths

Jump to solution

We have a Vision indexed file with record length of 100010.  When we create an XFD using Version 6.10 (Windows), for use with AcuODBC (yes, we know it is discontinued), we can use Alfred to view the file, but using the same XFD with Excel results in:

DataSource.Error: The table has no visible columns and cannot be queried.
Details:
omraw

This is the same error that occurs if the file itself does not exist (but it does in this case).

Is there a limit on record length with AcuODBC and/or Extend version 6.10?  This is just one file of many, and all other files work just fine with the XFD generated the same way and with the same version of Excel, etc. 

Thanks

Tony

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: AcuODBC and record lengths

Jump to solution

A separate forum post asked a very similar question. Looking into the (very old) source, I found that the record length for AcuODBC is stored in a short, and so the maximum record size is 32767.

I would be curious to know what happens if you upgrade to a recent version of AcuXDBC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I'll see if I can dig into what limits AcuODBC had ... I saw this response when looking for new visible columns .. perhaps this may help ..

1. OK once you get the error ‘This data source contains no visible tables’.  
  2. Query Wizard - Choose Columns dialog box, and then click Options.
  3. Table Options dialog box, click to select the System Tables check box, and then highlight the sheet under ‘Available tables and columns’ and click on arrow to move it to ‘Columns in your query’. 
  4. Then follow the onscreen instructions.

For more information on the possible cause and the above steps refer the link below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286891

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

A separate forum post asked a very similar question. Looking into the (very old) source, I found that the record length for AcuODBC is stored in a short, and so the maximum record size is 32767.

I would be curious to know what happens if you upgrade to a recent version of AcuXDBC.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TonyLeBlanc Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks, that confirms what we're experiencing.  We've not used AcuXDBC beyond some preliminary testing many years ago.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.