Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
CarloB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuOdbc Add a file in DSN

Hi all,
I have a file called dsts0001 that contains data on the stock of my store. When I go to add it to the system dsn did not appear in the database catalog of WinSql why? where am I wrong? all other files are read correctly, but this file was not, maybe I'm wrong to set the logical name?

thanks

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuOdbc Add a file in DSN

What files names are present in the xfd for dsts0001? Does it have the same extension as your other data files?

0 Likes
CarloB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

in the directory of xfd, there are many files, I do not know which is linked to the specific data file. Also no xfd has the same name as the data file. Is there a way to figure it out?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Having dsts0001 and not a corresponding dsts0001.xfd seems odd. Is dsts0001 an Indexed file? Do you have the program that makes the dsts0001 file ? i.e. select myfile assign to "dsts0001" or is dsts0001 a name created through a configuration file entry? Anyway, if you have the program you can compile it with -fx to make the xfd.

0 Likes
CarloB Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How can i check if dsts0001 is indexed? I haven't the source code of the program...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you a customer of a company that provides the software that creates the data files .. if so, you'll need to contact the vendor to see if you can get an xfd for dsts0001. You cannot make an xfd just based on having a file, you need the FD from the COBOL program to make an xfd.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.