Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuSQL Runtime not found (10.1.1 on Centos 7.4)

Hello, We've been trying for a couple weeks to get a trial running with Acucobol 10.1.1. We dropped in the trial runtime binaries and when executing our application it immediately pops up an error about AcuSQL runtime not found.  Its there, in the PATH, just like our old version was. I even used activator to activate the trial license, which seems to work ok.  The runtime files are all in /opt/acu/bin which is symlinked to /opt/acucorp/901/bin.  I've updated that for 10.1.1, and I've put them in the same path, and even directly into /opt/acu/bin and still get this error.  /opt/acu/bin is in the system PATH too.  Anyone have any pointers on this?  We really need to get this testing so we can move to the newer versions of Linux. (old system is on Ubuntu 12.04)   Just to note, our old 9.0.1 runtime runs ok (sort of) and without the acusql error on Centos 7.4.

One thing that confuses me. Our old Acucobol required me to setup a Makefile and "make" the runtimes. The makefile had variables that enabled Acusql and paths to ODBC, etc.  This new one doesn't have that, its just a binary.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: AcuSQL Runtime not found (10.1.1 on Centos 7.4)

After I wrote that I may have stumbled on the issue. The runcbl -v output in 9.0.1 says "AcuSQL Runtime support" but that's not in the 10.1.1 runtime. We'll contact support, I think they gave us the wrong version or one without features we need.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuSQL Runtime not found (10.1.1 on Centos 7.4)

I'm betting that your 9.0.1 runtime has been relinked with either unixODBC or the data source with a ODBC level 2 API connection to the database you are using. That is the same for Version 10. The runtime will not show AcuSQL support until you've linked it to the libraries needed to access the database.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.