Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

AcuSQL and Greek characters

I am trying to fetch some data from an MySQL database but i get question marks (?????) insted of greek characters. Does anyone know why?

LIST-ROWS.
MOVE "Display Data..." TO W-BX-STATUS
DISPLAY SR10

EXEC SQL
DECLARE COBCUR1 CURSOR FOR
SELECT
C_NUMBER,
C_NAME,
C_BIRTHDAY,
C_INFO
FROM EL_SXEDI
WHERE C_NUMBER > 0
END-EXEC.

EXEC SQL
OPEN COBCUR1
END-EXEC.

PERFORM 10 TIMES |UNTIL SQLCODE NOT EQUAL 0
EXEC SQL
FETCH COBCUR1 INTO :C-RECORD
END-EXEC
IF SQLCODE NOT EQUAL 0
DISPLAY MESSAGE C-NUMBER,
": ",
C-NAME,
C-INFO
END-IF
END-PERFORM.

EXEC SQL
CLOSE COBCUR1
END-EXEC.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuSQL and Greek characters

Have you tried this configuration variable ... TRANSLATE_TO_ANSI

This variable has meaning only on graphical systems such as Windows. It is used only if:

•you are using the graphical system's font to accept data, and

•you store your data using the OEM character set. (For example, Vision files may contain OEM characters if they were created with a DOS runtime.)

Set the variable TRANSLATE_TO_ANSI to "1" (on, true, yes) to turn on a character set translator. Then, if you use the graphical system's font for accepting data, the runtime will translate from one character set to the other for you. Data that is accepted from the screen will be translated into the OEM character set before it is stored on disk. Data stored in the OEM character set will be translated to the ANSI character set before it is displayed on screen. This also applies to the printer, if you are using Windows spooling and the printer uses an ANSI font.

Setting TRANSLATE_TO_ANSI to the default, "0" (off, false, no), turns off the translation process.

This variable can be set from within a COBOL program with the SET verb. For example:

SET ENVIRONMENT "TRANSLATE_TO_ANSI" TO "YES".  

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

not isnt working. i get weird characters both in screen and from SQL

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I would contact Customer care. I have seen an issue where Version 9 does not handle the data like version 8 did .. you may want to try your program with version 8 to see if it handles your data appropriately.

0 Likes
Ektoras Giorgos
New Member.

i dont have serial for v8

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.