Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Dagl Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuSQL - connect to SQL Server on remote machine on the same network

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 03 October 2011]

Hello!

We have recently started to research and use AcuSQL. We use AcuSQL to export reporting data to a SQL Server for reporting issues. This is meant for a HQ solution, wich will gather data for several companies.
As the use of this is for HQ reporting, we need to open a connection to a central, remote SQL Server. Therefore, we need to connect to a SQL Server that is residing on a remote maching on the same network. Possibly also through the internet.

My question is; how can this be done? Has someone else tried this?
We have tried to put the adress of the computer in front of the servername/instancename. But we cant make it work.
Example:
move "\\\\" to servername
move "" to userid
move "" to passwd
EXEC SQL CONNECT TO :servername as sqlConn
USER :userid USING :passwd
END-EXEC

I would be very grateful if someone could give me a hint.

Regards Dagl
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.