Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Bluer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuSQL connection to MySQL on the same server

Hi, I would like to ask whether it is necessary to install unixODBC on my HP-UX server if I want it to connect to the MySQL which is also installed inside the same server. If it is not necessary to install the unixODBC, can anyone please guide me on how to configure the connection of MySQL to AcuSQL? Thank you very much and sorry for the hassle.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuSQL connection to MySQL on the same server

Yes, you need either unixODBC or the data source may be located on any host for which you have a working
ODBC level 2 API connection.. and then you need to relink the runtime .. please see this forum discussion about relinking the runtime for AcuSQL and MySQL community.microfocus.com/.../obtain-a-unixodbc-trace-file-using-acusql-runtime
0 Likes
Bluer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply. Is it correct to assume that I will need either unixODBC or the data source if I want AcuSQL to able access MySQL. Please note that both AcuSQL and MySQL are installed on the same server (HP-UX) since I need to do the program compilation on the server. Thank you once again.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, you need either unixODBC or the data source with a ODBC level 2 API connection, and relink the runtime.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.