Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuToWeb Licensing

Jump to solution

Good day, I am setting up a Multi-tier environment for AcuToWeb where the

HP-UX Server (Back-End), installed + running with [ AcuCobol-GT runtime + AcuConnect ]  currently.

Linux Apache Server (Web Server), installed + running  [Apache, Acu-To-Web ] currently.

My questions are:

1) Both HP-UX and LINUX must install with Acu-To-Web? 

2) If YES, then I need to purchase 2 licensed, HP-UX and LINUX?

3) I only want to purchase 1 license; therefore I have to configure HP-UX using Apache?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuToWeb Licensing

Jump to solution
AcuToWeb installed machine where the gateway is setup doesn't need the AcuToWeb license. Correct.
the server which serve AcuConnect is the machine that required AcuToWeb License. Correct.
how many clients would be able to served for AcuToWeb ... really based on the capabilties of the AcuConnect server. You'll need the AcuToWeb license for the number of concurrent connections as well as a runtime license for the number of connections

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Both HP-UX and LINUX must install with Acu-To-Web? No. AcuToWeb just needs installing on Linux. AcuConnect is installed on HP-UX. Apache can be on a different machine (perhaps in the dmz), or on the Linux. Apache tunnels the requests to AcuToWeb, in your case AcuToWeb sends the request to launch the COBOL program to the HP-UX AcuConnect machine. AcuToWeb licensing is handled through AcuConnect, so in your case you need the AcuToWeb license on the HP-UX machine.
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
So you mean that, AcuToWeb installed machine where the gateway is setup doesn't need the AcuToWeb license but the server which serve AcuConnect is the machine that required AcuToWeb License ?
For the licensing, how many clients would be able to served for AcuToWeb ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
AcuToWeb installed machine where the gateway is setup doesn't need the AcuToWeb license. Correct.
the server which serve AcuConnect is the machine that required AcuToWeb License. Correct.
how many clients would be able to served for AcuToWeb ... really based on the capabilties of the AcuConnect server. You'll need the AcuToWeb license for the number of concurrent connections as well as a runtime license for the number of connections

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.