Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
lrtcoolman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuToWeb Setup

Jump to solution

Good day, I had just setup AcuCobol-GT, AcuConnet .. etc Version 10.1 ... at

HP-UX:  compiler, AcuConnect and cobol programs which upgraded from previous V10.0
LINUX: AcuToWeb and AcuConnect

Windows: AcuToWeb (desktop), AcuToWeb (Control panel) ... extend v 10.1, thin client v 10.1

The architecture setup will works in this way:

HP-UX (All data, programs stored here)
LINUX (hosted apache)
Windows (Client side)

How should it to be setup and programs should be installed ?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: AcuToWeb Setup

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional environment details.

It looks like you will modify your gateway.conf file to be something like:
{
"acurcl" : "128.69.150.100",
"acurcl_port" : 5632,
"MAX_PKG_SIZE" : 64000,
"LOG_LEVEL" : 1,
"webserver_port" : 3000,
"tcp_port" : 8008,
"public_root_dir" : "./Web",
"file_cache" : "./Temp",
"logfile" : "gateway.log"
}
See the documentation about these configuration entries here:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../GUID-F17A95F4-172C-43B3-8C22-915643243CED.html

Start the gateway with “acutoweb-gateway -start” as described in the documentation here:
http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.eclipse.infocenter.extendACUSuite/GUID-62DBE8E1-37BA-476A-93E7-4EBC9358AF85.html?cp=5_0_3_5_5_5_3 

Lastly you will modify the Apache httpd.conf file as shown in the documentation under 'Scenario 1' here:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../GUID-62432AD7-F2D4-4B5B-B351-1A2D107101F9.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I believe you have it configured correctly. The Gateway is on Linux, however all licensing for AcuToWeb are handled through AcuConnect. Your current AcuConnect license acurcl.wlc which is the AcuToWeb license resides on the Linux machine. We need to get you a acurcl.wlc license to be on the HP server.
The url to access the Gateway http://128.69.150.200:3000 should show the Connection setup. Then you enter an alias (i.e. tour). When you use the Connect button, the Gateway configuration tells the Gateway to send that alias over to the HP machine 128.69.150.100 to run the program. The output of the execution of that program is sent back through the Gateway on the Linux machine to your Windows client browser. If you provide which HP machine you have, an HP-UX 11.31 (32 bit or 64 bit) Itanium or PA-RISC, then we can send a temporary license code and key to the email you have listed for this Community forum. Hopefully once you have that license you'll see your program execute through AcuToWeb.

14 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Currently, I had launch AcuConnect at HP-UX using default port 5632. While LINUX server is running AcuToWeb gateway
TCP 8008 (default) and Webserver 3000 (default)

IP for HPUX - 128.69.150.100
IP for LINUX - 128.69.150.200

I plan to setup a client (MS Win 10) to browse the program using FIREFOX. The client is possible to run application in AcuThinClient V10.1.

So, how to properly configure to make AcuToWeb works?
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank you for the additional environment details.

It looks like you will modify your gateway.conf file to be something like:
{
}
See the documentation about these configuration entries here:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../GUID-F17A95F4-172C-43B3-8C22-915643243CED.html

Start the gateway with “acutoweb-gateway -start” as described in the documentation here:
http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/topic/com.microfocus.eclipse.infocenter.extendACUSuite/GUID-62DBE8E1-37BA-476A-93E7-4EBC9358AF85.html?cp=5_0_3_5_5_5_3 

Lastly you will modify the Apache httpd.conf file as shown in the documentation under 'Scenario 1' here:
documentation.microfocus.com/.../GUID-62432AD7-F2D4-4B5B-B351-1A2D107101F9.html

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have check the configuration.

The settings Gateway config file and gateway is started at LINUX
The apache had also forward communication via the port.

But i run directly in LINUX browsing port 3000 it direct to a gateway connect page. I wonder how to connect to cobol program at HPUX ?
0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution
Please show us the contents of the gateway.conf file.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
AcuConnect at HPUX 128.69.150.100

AcutoWeb is setup at LINUX 128.69.150.200

(LINUX)
My gateway.conf file

{
"ws_compression": 1,
}

The status check " acutoweb-gateway -info "

AcuToWeb Gateway up and running.

(HPUX)

acurcl.cfg FILE is all default setting

acurcl.ini file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="US-ASCII" standalone="no"?>
<!-- ./rcl0E4A27.in~ - generated by ACUCOBOL-GT v10.1.0 on 2015/05/25 edit -->
<Aliases xmlns:rcl="http://www.acucorp.com">
<Alias>
<rcl:Alias-Name>testing</rcl:Alias-Name>
<rcl:Working-Directory>/z/system/test-may</rcl:Working-Directory>
<rcl:Application-Host/>
<rcl:Show-Configuration/>
<rcl:Configuration-File>/z/system/test-may/test.cfg</rcl:Configuration-File>
<rcl:Error-File>test.err</rcl:Error-File>
<rcl:Cobol-Program>/z/system/test-may/prg</rcl:Cobol-Program>
</Alias>
</Aliases>

I tried to establish connection from LINUX to HPUX through the gateway .
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What you need will be an acuconnect license (acuconnect.wlc - an acutoweb license) for the HP-UX machine. Let us know which HP machine you have, an HP-UX 11.31 (32 bit or 64 bit) Itanium or PA-RISC. Although the Gateway runs on Linux, the licensing is taken care of by AcuConnect, which you have running on the HP machine, so we need to get you an appropriate license.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have an activated license for that. FYI,

HPUX - the location of license is stored at /opt/acu1010ux64/bin/
acurcl.alc, runcbl.alc both still active

LINUX - license location /opt/acu1010a2w/bin/
acurcl.alc, acurcl.wlc

All license still active.

While I tested it in local,
I can see the resources port, localhost:8008 @ 128.69.150.200:8008 [Webpage display NO resources, means can browse but since not connected to any alias]

and

While access via localhost:3000 @ 128.69.150.200:3000, that's the gateway connection setup page, where should I point?
My program alias is "testing", obj files at 128.69.150.100, acuconnect port 5632 (default)

Gateway connection:
Port:
Alias:
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I believe you have it configured correctly. The Gateway is on Linux, however all licensing for AcuToWeb are handled through AcuConnect. Your current AcuConnect license acurcl.wlc which is the AcuToWeb license resides on the Linux machine. We need to get you a acurcl.wlc license to be on the HP server.
The url to access the Gateway http://128.69.150.200:3000 should show the Connection setup. Then you enter an alias (i.e. tour). When you use the Connect button, the Gateway configuration tells the Gateway to send that alias over to the HP machine 128.69.150.100 to run the program. The output of the execution of that program is sent back through the Gateway on the Linux machine to your Windows client browser. If you provide which HP machine you have, an HP-UX 11.31 (32 bit or 64 bit) Itanium or PA-RISC, then we can send a temporary license code and key to the email you have listed for this Community forum. Hopefully once you have that license you'll see your program execute through AcuToWeb.

Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Alright. So, it's the license issue when ever i execute a connection through 128.69.150.200:3000 [connection setup]
Gateway connection: 128.69.150.200:8008 [ correct ? ]
It's prompt there is no license available .. so yes, please send me a temporary license code.

FYI, the machine info for HPUX
Model: ia64 hp server rx2660
License: U
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Have you installed our 32 bit software or our 64 bit software on this server?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I am running a 64 bit software on server.

HPUX - Acuconnect started, i can launch program using acuthin via alias (eg: test)

LINUX - AcuToWeb-gateway started, port 3000 [connection setup] port 8008 [resources]

when i accessed to 128.69.150.200:3000, it will preconfig connection to 128.69.150.200:8008, alias used "test"

When connect button is hit, it notify "There is no license available" , same prompt.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I not sure whether it's setup correctly. FYI, i had just setup AcuConnect, AcuCobol compiler ... etc but no AcuToWeb setup on HPUX and for LINUX side only AcuToWeb is setup. Linux will run acutoweb-gateway and HPUX will run AcuConnect.

I can browse my compile cobol programs at thin client where the alias is at HPUX.

But when i run connection via the connection, it prompts license not available.

I had use the provided license for testing 

Is that the setup isn't correct or ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Did you run activator on the HP-UX server and input the 64 bit license code and key that I sent you?
Is there an acurcl.wlc file on the HP-UX server?
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
True for HPUX side storing programs + data required acurcl.wlc as well as the AcuToWeb gateway server. Both license must be active and it's work correctly once the alias is connected.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.