Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuXDBC Connection Error

Hello Everyone;

We are a software developing company.

Our client has a main application which runs on linux and developed with acucobol using vision database.

They have acuxdbc installed.

[root@localhost bin]# ps -ef | grep acu
root      2073     1  0 07:06 ?        00:00:00 /opt/acucorp/922/bin/acushare -start
root      2439     1  0 07:06 ?        00:00:01 /opt/acucorp/922/bin/acurcl -start
root      2467     1  0 07:06 ?        00:00:00 /opt/acucorp/922/bin/acuserve -start
root      2468     1  0 07:06 ?        00:00:00 /opt/acucorp/922/bin/xdbcsrvr -p20222
root      2473     1  0 07:06 ?        00:00:00 /opt/acucorp/922/bin/xbissesd -f /etc/xbis.conf -n
root      2474     1  0 07:06 ?        00:00:00 /opt/acucorp/922/bin/xbisengd
root      6770  3675  0 14:20 pts/1    00:00:00 grep --color=auto acu

I can query the database with xdbcquery tool

[root@localhost bin]# xdbcquery /cacuxdbc04:system/manager/xvision:acuxdbc.cfg
                  VORTEXsql - Simple Interactive SQL.
                        Version 2.0.5.0 - Production.
Copyright ▒ 1989-2015, Trifox, Inc., California, USA.
                       All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
SQL (/? for help) ==> select * from PUBLIC.OTELSTANDARTISYERI where ISYERI_ADRES like '%kaya%';
 ISYERI_NO ISYERI_ADRES ISYERI_UNVAN                   ISYERI_SIRA ISYERI_RES_ADI                 ISYERI_SIFRE ISYERI_SAKLI ISYERI_GRUP ISYERI_BOS                                                 ISYERI_STAF
 --------- ------------ ------------------------------ ----------- ------------------------------ ------------ ------------ ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------- -----------
         1 kaya2010     kaya                                     9 kaya                                        T                      0                                                            ASYA

SQL (/? for help) ==>

I can connect to the application with acuthin. So I do not have a IP or PORT problem.

I have installed 2 different version of ACUODBC driver to my windows 10 client.

As the application is 32 bit I am using C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

1. AcuCorp AcuXDBC |  8.01.02.00 | Micro Focus | ACUXDBC.DLL| 5.11.2009
  2. Extend9 AcuXDBC (32 bit) | 9.02.05.00 | Micro Focus (IP) Ltd. | ACUXDBC.DLL | 6.03.2015

I have configured System DSN for both driver version

Both have the same configuration:

But when I try to connect to the database within SQLdbx

I am getting an error: Error Translate: “ DLLLOAD: acuxdbc03, Modul could not be found. Error -1. SQLSTATE S1000. Drivers SQLSetConnectAttr failed. Driver does not support the ODBC  behavior that is needed by the application. .. “

How can I fix this problem.

Thanks

Yours sincerely

Timuçin ÇAKIRGİL

0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuXDBC Connection Error

Have you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/acucorp/922/lib:/opt/acucorp/922/bin on the Linux server?
0 Likes
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is set to:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/acucorp/922/lib:/opt/acucorp/922/bin:/asya/ytl/xdbc/bin:/asya/ytl/xdbc/lib
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks. You have a acuxdbc.alc license for both version 8 and version 9.2 on the Windows client machine?
0 Likes
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

nope. Only the client have the alc files on server. I was not aware that I should have a alc file on the client side.
0 Likes
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am alse getting this error on client computer:

C:\Users\tcakirgil>odbcsql -d Asya_Home -u system -p manager

VORTEXsql - Simple Interactive SQL.
Version 2.0.5.0 - Production.
Copyright ® 1989-2015, Trifox, Inc., California, USA.
All Rights Reserved Worldwide.

***** ERROR: [TOD][ODBC Driver]DLLLOAD: acuxdbc04, acuxdbc04.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
SQL (/? for help) ==>
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

okay, one more question, is the SQLdbx a 32 bit app? Or 64 bit?
0 Likes
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello Timuçin,

First note that to be fully supported on Windows 10 you must be running version 10. This will also require version 10 AcuXDBC Server on the server-side. We can address issues if any remain after upgrading.

That said, this error about acuxdbc04.so usually means that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable was not set correctly when AcuXDBC Server was started. Killing it, verifying/correcting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting, and then starting it again may clear this issue.
0 Likes
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I quess it is 32 bit. Since I can not see 64 ODBC connections in the connection dialogue
0 Likes
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is there any download link for a trail?
0 Likes
DougP Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

You need to contact your Micro Focus Account Manager to request an evaluation.
0 Likes
tcakirgil Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I do not know whom to contact with as we are not a Micro Focus developer nor using any Acu or Micro Focus product. The case is our client has a software developed with AcuCobol and I was the only dinosaur that used to wrote COBOL code. Since fifteen years I did not saw any COBOL code. We are developing with delphi which is also an ancient lanquage nowadays 🙂
Our client asked us to develop a new application which should integrated with their main application. And they said they have an ODBC connection. But we can not connect to their database. Any help would be welcome. May be Micro Focus can help us and we can start to use their products 😉
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Timuçin,

Please look at www.microfocus.com/.../contact and according to your region, contact Micro Focus in order to get an evaluation of the products you need.

Regards,

Dominique SACRE

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.