Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

AcuXDBC and Crystal Reports

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 March 2012]

Hi All,

I am new to Crytal Reports so I could be missing something elementary.

I am trying to write a Crystal REport Application that reads my vision data using AcuXDBC. I have created the data source. I have created the crystal report in Visual Studio 2008 and I am able to connect to the data source. I can add the tables and I am able to view the data when I preview in Visual Studio. The problem arises when I try to run or publish the application. The screen comes up for me to logon to the data source, but once I enter the logon information (user name and password) I get an error stating that the Logon failed.

Can anybody help - please ?

Thank you.

Medasha
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: AcuXDBC and Crystal Reports

Did you create a File DSN (Data Source Name) or a System DSN?
When you create the DSN, did you enter the login and password (Windows default login: system Password: manager)?
You can also turn on tracing and the log file may be helpful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Yes - I have entered the user name (system) and password (manager) when creating the system DSN. I also trying creating the data source as a user dsn. The problem persists. Ispecified a log file but the file is not being created when I get the error.

Any further help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you able to view / import the data in Excel or Access?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can also try and connect with odbcsql.bat which connects through the odbc layer. Use your System DSN and you could also try "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSQRY32.EXE" if you have office installed.

See if another application can query the data.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I can connect to Access and to Excel. I am able to query the data in Access with no problem. The problem only arises when I am trying to run the Crystal application. I cannot connect to the data source.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any idea why the login screen keeps popping up each time I try to run the crystal report ? The database name is blank at this stage.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Could this be the problem ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Windows 7 64 bit is the operating system. 64 bit operating systems can support both 32 bit and 64 bit software AND you can have 32 bit ODBC drivers and 64 bit ODBC drivers. The bit of the application and driver should be the same. Is the Crytal Reports 32 bit or 64 bit .. one way to tell is to see if it is installed in C:\Programs Files ... this would be 32 bit or if it is installed in C:\Programs Files ... this would be 64 bit. Next, which Acu XDBC driver do you have, as of version 9.1 .. we have both a 32 bit and 64 bit driver. You stated that you successfully used Access or Excel, which version of Office do you have ( 32 bit or 64 bit ) .. that success should indicate which driver you are accessing (32 bit or 64 bit ). Is the version of Crystal Reports the same bit as Office? Lastly, as Windows supports both 32 bit and 64 bit drivers, you need to use the appropriate ODBC Administrator. The 64-bit version of the ODBC Administrator is located in the standard location in the Control panel under Administrative tools. This Data Source Administrator is actually a 64-bit driver manager. For your convenience, the Acu 64 bit installer will create a shortcut to the 64-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator tool
in the AcuXDBC program group on the start menu.

The 64-bit Windows operating system also includes a 32-bit driver manager available for administrating 32-bit datasources.

To start up this driver, you must run it individually from a command prompt or create a custom shortcut.

The two drivers can be run individually:
The 32-bit version of the ODBC Administrator is located at
%WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
The 64-bit version of the ODBC Administrator is located at
%WINDIR%\System32\odbcad32.exe

I hope this helps.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

The problem seems to be on a 64-bit only. I did not encounter any problems when I installed on a 32 bit.

Thanks for the help.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.